Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Best Piece of Advice #5



Real friends hold you down NOT take you down with them!!

If you’ve ever had the pleasure of having REAL friends in your life you know the joys and benefits to having them around, right?  That loving no nonsense, keeps it real, tell-it-like-it-is whether you like it or not, shoulder to cry on when you need it person who supports you isn’t substitutable. Someone to bounce your “big ideas” off of and build you back up if ever they flop. Real friends cultivate real results. They promote positive change, support ideas, tell you the truth about any given situation and NEVER let you leave the house looking like a fashion police’s most wanted list offender. Real friends want to see you succeed AND be a part of that success by any means necessary!!
So, how do you know when you don’t have this kind of circle of friends? Easy! Ever began a day in high spirits only to end up in a group of folks whining and complaining about EVERYTHING and before long, you’re the ring leader of the “my life sucks” group? Better still, ever had someone in your life constantly tell you what you “can’t do” and never what you can? Negativity is contagious!!  

This type of friend can stunt your growth and leave a sour taste in your mouth for friendship at best. Though the intention maybe good the effects of their negativity surly are not!! A person with negative, counterproductive, limiting thoughts, conversations, and behaviors will only bring you crashing to your dream’s knees.  Becoming or staying connected to motivated, positive, good hearted people can get you one or two steps closer to completing your life's goals. It’s good to have a variety of friends however, when you’re on a long journey to accomplishing a mission; you really want good navigators in the car alongside you to see to it you get there!! Good journey!! 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me think and reevaluate the people in my life right now. I loved reading this piece of advice! Tnanks for sharing.

Tay Robson said...

Happy to hear this post made you think and reevaluate your connections! I've done my job!! Lol! I appreciate you stopping by to read my blogs and leaving a comment, it keeps me motivated to keep doing them. Thanks!! Continue to visit and post!! Good journey!

Anonymous said...

Omg TAY ur totally awsome! As u well know! I will blow ur horn! I dnt jus listen to folk I totally get into what I NEED to hear! It moves my soul to read something or listen to someone who speaks with such reverance! And eloquence and dicernment!u have it! I tried to post but I dnt think it posted! Jus wanted u to know to keep up the good work! I love it and keep'm comin!